Join us for a strenuous, challenging, fast-paced, afternoon fitness hike in Limestone Canyon. Along the way, we’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of Orange County and possible wildlife sightings. This is approximately a 5-mile fitness hike, completed in 1.5 hours, and includes a 1000+ foot elevation change. This hike is for experienced, physically fit hikers who enjoy the challenge of multiple steep climbs and descents.
There are no rest stops on this approximately 5-mile fitness hike, and the average 3.5-mile-per-hour fast pace can be difficult over steep terrain in the wilderness setting.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Please bring a minimum of 70 oz. water and trail snacks. Come prepared with a pack, sturdy closed-toed hiking shoes or boots, sunscreen, first aid, and all other supplies to keep you safe and healthy on the trail for this extreme fast-paced hike in a wilderness area. Each participant must carry his or her own pack and water. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to this program.