After indulging in a hearty feast, it’s time to kickstart your metabolism and get back on track in OC Parks’ Gypsum Canyon Wilderness with an invigorating 6.5-mile hike with approximately 1,000 feet of elevation gain that promises to challenge your senses and revive your spirits. Surround yourself with centuries-old oak trees along the way which provide a natural canopy and offer both a sense of awe as you pass beneath their branches. Prepare to be captivated by the mesmerizing rock formations that adorn the landscape. These geological wonders will inspire your inner geologist and provide fantastic photo opportunities.
This hike is designed to help you burn off those Thanksgiving calories while immersing yourself in the beauty of nature. Whether you’re a seasoned hiker or new to the trail, the Turkey Burner Fitness Hike promises a rejuvenating experience that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take on the holiday season. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to connect with nature, stay active and create unforgettable memories. Lace up your hiking boots, gather your water and let’s conquer those post-Thanksgiving blues together on the Turkey Burner Fitness Hike!
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
Make sure to wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing and suitable closed-toe hiking shoes for this terrain. Each participant is required to carry a minimum of 32 oz of water. Staying hydrated is crucial, especially when tackling elevation gains. Bring along energizing snacks to fuel up and keep your spirits high during the hike.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.