Come and explore the entire Buck Gully Reserve trail system. Beginning from the Oasis Senior Center, we’ll hike up through the almost 3-mile length of the canyon, then along San Joaquin Hills Road for a bit, stopping at Canyon Watch Park where we will take in the panoramic view of the reserve and the Pacific coastline before descending back into the canyon along the Bobcat Trail. Please bring water, a light trail snack, sturdy closed-toe shoes and supplies to keep you safe during the journey. Sunscreen and a hat are highly recommended. This activity is conducted at a walking pace, approximately 3 miles per hour.
PLEASE NOTE: Poison oak grows in abundance throughout the entire Buck Gully Reserve trail system.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site. The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire and footwear, first aid, medications, hand sanitizer, etc.
- Bring and make use of recommended facial coverings at all times when in the staging area. Facial coverings are also recommended during the activity.
- Maintain proper physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, between yourself and all other members of the group at all times.
- A contact-less arrival and sign-in process will be utilized to diminish touching and sharing items.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- Group stops will be minimized and generally only done for safety purposes.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea), or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill. If you are experiencing trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, and bluish lips or face, do not sign up or attend and seek emergency medical care immediately.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.