This week in the Irvine Open Space, we’ll be in Quail Hill, once part of the historic Irvine cattle ranch. The hike is seven and a half miles with some climbing, but rewards you with fantastic views overlooking Laguna Canyon and many Irvine locales. Please bring water, a trail snack, sunscreen, hat and any other necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail. Get your boots out and register to hike the Quail Trail and Shady Canyon singletrack trails. Please note, we will be meeting at the Quail Hill Community Center parking lot, not at the Quail Hill Trailhead.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site. The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and
footwear, first aid, medications, etc.
- Each participant must arrive with their own facial covering on their person. Participants should wear
face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, both indoors
and outdoors (unless the face covering could become a hazard), and face coverings must be worn when
not participating in the activity.
- Maintain proper physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, between yourself and all other members of
the group always.
- A contact-less arrival and sign-in process will be utilized to diminish touching and sharing items.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- Group stops will be minimized and generally only done for safety purposes.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all staff, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea), or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill. If you are experiencing trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, and bluish lips or face, do not sign up or attend and seek emergency medical care immediately.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.