Enjoy an early morning family hike in Black Star Canyon, part of the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks. We will hike along a flat trail and cross a creek as we watch for red-tailed hawks and mule deer. The hike will average 3-4 miles round trip at an easy pace with a medium level of interpretation.
This program is for participants who would enjoy a slower-paced and level hike. Wear comfortable clothes and sturdy shoes, and bring water for the hike. Be ready to enjoy the sounds and smells of early evening.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site. The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and footwear, first aid, medications, etc.
- Each participant must arrive with their own facial covering on their person. Participants should wear face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, both indoors and outdoors (unless the face-covering could become a hazard), and face coverings must be worn when not participating in the activity.
- Maintain proper physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, between yourself and all other members of the group always.
- A contact-less arrival and sign-in process will be utilized to diminish touching and sharing items.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- Group stops will be minimized and generally only done for safety purposes.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Registration is closed for this activity.