Join us for an exhilarating morning fitness hike on the paved Hicks Haul Road. This hike is a 6-mile route as a group – which is conducted at the speed of about 3.0 to 3.5 miles per hour.
The group may spread out for social distance reasons but generally will remain together for the entire hike.
The footing on the asphalt paved road is smoother than dirt roads and single-track trails normally found in Limestone Preserve but is beginning to show its age with cracks, crevices, and an occasional dip. Otherwise, the terrain is smooth, so this is a great hike for anyone who wants a “wilderness experience” without getting dirty! We will have two fairly steep hill ascents and descents. Along the way, you will have sweeping views of much of Orange County and the Santa Ana Mountains. Various animals, like hawks, deer, and lizards are also frequently seen in this area.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site. The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and
footwear, first aid, medications, etc.
- Each participant must arrive with their own facial covering on their person. Participants should wear
face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, both indoors
and outdoors (unless the face covering could become a hazard), and face coverings must be worn when
not participating in the activity.
- Maintain proper physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, between yourself and all other members of
the group always.
- A contact-less arrival and sign-in process will be utilized to diminish touching and sharing items.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- Group stops will be minimized and generally only done for safety purposes.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level 4 activity on the land.
Registration is closed for this activity.