Join us every Wednesday night for a faster-paced, fitness-focused, hike on the paved Hicks Haul Road. Hikers will enjoy wonderful sunset views and a panoramic view of Orange County. This hike travels about 3.5 miles, up to the top of Loma Ridge and back down. This fitness hike is much faster than a walk and some participants may speed walk or run. However, we will remain distanced as a group.
The hike is conducted at about an average of 3-3.5 miles per hour, Most participants finish the route in about 1 hour.
Note that this paved surface is uneven and eroded. It contains cracks and dips in the road, you may wear regular running or walking shoes. Trail shoes are fine, but not required. You must be mindful while hiking, jogging, or walking. Please bring adequate water!
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.