Gear up for this amazing star gazing night as we take in this summer’s meteor shower! Our evening will begin with a warm up hike on a flat stretch of trail near the Red Rocks in Black Star. We will return to the staging area to stretch out under the stars to capture one of this season’s spectacular outer galactic shows! We will view the different stars and constellations and tell stories of astronomy folklore as we watch for meteors crossing the night sky. You are welcome to carry portable chairs or a soft blanket to lay out while you view the meteor shower event.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-2 activity on the land.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.