Do you like the pace of the Thursday Morning Treks, but want to go a little longer distance? Join us this morning for a hike in Weir Canyon to the Overlook Trail. We will hike through coastal sage scrub and oak woodlands and up the Overlook Trail. On a clear day, we will be rewarded with sweeping views of the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks and more distant views of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Los Angeles Basin, and Cleveland National Forest. Please wear hiking shoes/boots and bring water, a trail snack, sunscreen, hat, and any other necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail.
Participants must be able to hike 9+ miles with an accumulated elevation gain of 1800 feet at an average moving rate of 3 miles per hour.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.