Highly experienced mountain bikers can explore one of the most rugged and remote areas of the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks from the trails of Fremont Canyon Nature Preserve on this moderately paced intermediate ride. Fremont Canyon remains one of the most wild places in Orange County, with a diversity of rare plants and animals, and this ride includes natural trail hazards such as sand, tree roots, ruts, and exposed rocks. PLEASE NOTE: there are multiple very steep climbs, with an approximate elevation gain of 3,500 feet over 19 miles. This hard ride is for expert adult-only riders in excellent physical condition who will be rewarded with the remote wonders of Fremont Canyon.
Please review the Difficulty Ratings to help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-5 activity on the land. Motorized recreation vehicles of any class or type are not permitted for recreational use.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.