Join us on the Landmarks for an equestrian trail ride through the northwestern historic section of the old Irvine Ranch; now part of the Irvine Ranch Open Space known as the Weir Canyon Preserve, featuring the old oxen trail from San Juan Capistrano. Discover Robber’s Roost and the thick grasslands under some of the oldest live oaks on the historic Ranch. Places where Juan Flores and his gang rumored to hideout and look for his enemies traveling the route by wagon or horseback. Red-tailed hawks, bobcats and mule deer call this canyon home and are sure to greet us along our adventure.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land.
You must have your own horse. Both rider and horse must be fit for 3-plus hours over moderate terrain, including hills.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.