Join us for an exhilarating morning fitness hike on the paved Hicks Haul Road. This hike is a 6-mile route as a group – which is conducted at the speed of about 3.0 to 3.5 miles per hour.
The group may spread out for social distance reasons but generally will remain together for the entire hike.
The footing on the asphalt paved road is smoother than dirt roads and single-track trails normally found in Limestone Preserve but is beginning to show its age with cracks, crevices, and an occasional dip. Otherwise, the terrain is smooth, so this is a great hike for anyone who wants a “wilderness experience” without getting dirty! We will have two fairly steep hill ascents and descents. Along the way, you will have sweeping views of much of Orange County and the Santa Ana Mountains. Various animals, like hawks, deer, and lizards are also frequently seen in this area.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level 4 activity on the land.