[Please note: this is a Children’s Program] Spend a few hours in the wildlands of the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks with your young naturalists. We will learn about animals and their important roles in the Oak Woodlands habitat through fun games, nature activities and a very leisurely paced walk on a trail with little to no elevation gain. Please wear sturdy shoes, comfortable clothing, and bring water. Binoculars and a magnifying glass are optional. This activity is tailored towards elementary school-aged children. In order to maximize the availability for young participants we kindly request that only one adult caretaker per family signs up.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-2 activity on the land.
Registration is closed for this activity.