Enjoy the relaxation of riding in the wilderness on empty trails and join us on this docent led mountain bike ride through Limestone Canyon. We will visit Dripping Springs which is a fern covered, year-round source of water for the local wildlife. The ride will also stop at the west viewing deck for the Sinks.
This is a slow-paced ride designed for the beginner that has experience riding fire roads such as Limestone Canyon or Telegraph Canyon, but wants to develop their climbing and riding abilities. The ride can also be enjoyed by more advanced riders looking for a relaxed ride in a beautiful setting.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land. Motorized recreation vehicles of any class or type are not permitted for recreational use.
The ride will start by climbing Hicks Haul Road and continues climbing on East Loma where there are a couple of short sections that may be hike-a-bike for some riders. The ride then descends the non-technical Dripping Springs single track and finishes by riding to/from the Sinks on Limestone Canyon Road. The ride will regroup and rest as needed and an opportunity will be provided for a snack break
Please note, the ride is approximately 13 miles long, with approximately 1200 feet of elevation gain. This program originates at the Augustine Staging area off Santiago Canyon Road and the entire route is in the Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.