Join an OC Parks staff-led interpretive nature hike along the “Waterworks Trail” in the Irvine Ranch Open Space. We’ll depart from Irvine Regional Park “Lot P” and head towards the beautiful Fremont Canyon Nature Preserve, part of the Landmarks on the backside of the Irvine Lake dam before crossing Santiago Creek and heading back on the other bank of the creek. Beautiful views are plentiful on this route.
Route and mileage may change dependent on trail conditions.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land.
Please come prepared with plenty (50 oz) of water, closed-toe shoes, sun protection such as a hat, and sunscreen. We suggest a sturdy day pack with anything you might need to keep healthy on the trail. Please read our Trail Tips and FAQ for additional information to prepare you for this activity.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.