Come along with us to visit one of the most photographed and famous sites on the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks – The Sinks. This interpretative program will begin with a hike along a canyon corridor and will visit The Sinks. Along the way, we’ll talk about the geologic processes that over millions of years created the geologic features of The Sinks and the surrounding area.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
This hike involves a few steep climbs and descents on both single and double track trails. Please come prepared with a day pack, water and closed-toe sturdy shoes or boots, snacks, sunscreen and all other necessary elements to keep you healthy on the trail. All participants must carry their own day pack and water and be comfortable hiking an average moving pace of 3 miles per hour uphill and downhill. Please make sure you bring a minimum of 70 oz. (2 quarts) of water and trail snacks. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to this activity.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.