This week in the Irvine Open Space, we’ll be in Bommer Canyon, once part of the historic Irvine cattle ranch where corrals and ranch equipment still stand. The hike is a seven-mile loop with some climbing but rewards you with fantastic views overlooking the ocean and many Irvine locales. Please bring water, a trail snack, sunscreen, a hat, and any other necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail. Get your boots out and register to hike the loop through the Laguna Coast Wilderness and back to Cattle Camp.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.