Grab your day pack and join us on a distance hike through scenic Bommer Canyon and beyond into Laguna Coast and Crystal Cove Parks. We stage at Cattle Camp, historically a center for cattle operations that occurred in the San Joaquin Hills up until the late 1990s, and now part of the Open Space Preserve. This hike involves multiple steep climbs and descents across a variety of trail types, including some narrow singletracks, with 2200+ feet of accumulated climbing elevation, but is done at a moderate pace, approximately 3 mph. Please bring plenty of water (100 oz. recommended), and wear sturdy hiking shoes. Hiking distance is 10-12 miles.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
All participants must carry their own day pack and water! Please come prepared with a pack, sturdy closed-toe hiking shoes or boots, sunscreen, first aid, and all other supplies to keep you safe and healthy on the trail for the half-day of being out in the wilderness area. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to the event! Program may be cancelled or shortened due to adverse weather conditions.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.