This week in the Irvine Ranch Open Space, we’ll hike in Baker Canyon. This scenic hike includes steep climbs and descents on both single and double-track trails with about 1100 feet of accumulated climbing. We will enjoy sweeping views of the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks and the Santa Ana Mountains. On clear days, we can see Catalina Island and even beyond into the Los Angeles Basin. Please wear hiking shoes/boots and bring water, a trail snack, sun screen, hat, and any other necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail. Participants must be able to hike 7 miles with an elevation gain of 1100 feet at an average moving rate of 3 miles per hour. Each hiker must carry his/her own water and supplies.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site.
- The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Please note that for this activity, there is a registration limit of two spaces per registrant (e.g. registrant may only register one guest for a total of two spaces).
If you need assistance, please contact the IRC office at 714-508-4757.
Registration is closed for this activity.