Enjoy miles of lush oak studded canyons, fascinating rock formations and sweeping views from the Overlook Trail in the tranquility of the Weir Canyon back country, part of OCParks’ Irvine Ranch Open Space. On a clear day we’ll be rewarded with glorious views of the San Gabriel and Santa Ana mountains. This is a FAST-paced fitness hike and features an 1800 ft accumulated elevation gain. There are multiple steep climbs and steep descents. Please make sure you are in excellent physical condition! You must be able to hike uphill at an average pace of 3 mph without stopping. A backpack and water are required. Please bring snack, sunscreen, hat and wear sturdy closed-toe shoes.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.