Think you would enjoy a challenging but relaxing evening biking in the wilderness on empty trails with both a sunset and a nice view of city lights? Then join us on this ride through the Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve to the Vista Lookout in Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park.
This ride starts at the Augustine Staging area and will ride up Limestone Canyon Road with a stop at the east viewing platform for the Sinks. The ride will then continue on Mustard Road which offers panoramic views of the entire Sinks geological formation, the Agua Chinon watershed, the Whiting Ranch Red Rocks, Orange County and the Santa Ana Mountains. We will ride into Whiting Ranch and turn-around at sunset at the Vista Lookout. The Mustard Road portion of the route is seldom used and should provide great views of the setting sun and the city lights.
Please not that this ride is a level 4 ride is for experienced off-road riders, in excellent cardio shape, that have some experience with evening/night riding. There are some notable and steep climbs in both the out and back directions of this ride.
As a reminder, please review the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings to help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this program. This program has the distance/elevation of a level 4 program, but the ride time can accommodate a slower pace as it is an out/back ride. Motorized recreation vehicles of any class or type are not permitted for recreational use. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.