Experience the serenity of Bommer Canyon under a full moon during this moderate-paced hike in the Irvine Open Space Preserve. We’ll experience mature coastal sage scrub and fantastic sunset views overlooking the city of Irvine and the hillsides to the north. This hike is just over 3 miles and includes 700 feet of total climbing elevation with several very steep inclines. The steepest section ascends 300 feet in a quarter-mile. Participants must be in good physical condition.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level 3 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.