Come bring your horse and join us on the sage-scented trail up and down gentle hills. We will start from Irvine Park and proceed on the Irvine Regional Park Horseshoe Loop to Waterworks trail that will take us under the towering overpass of the 241 Toll Road. We will see the foot of the Irvine Lake Dam and catch a glimpse of the heart of Fremont Canyon. We will pass the site of an enormous coal pile left by miners of yesteryear and then return to the park.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
This is a walking ride that travels on single track trails and wide ranch roads. There will be several easy to moderate climbs. The ride will start and finish in Irvine Regional Park.
Equestrians who have trail riding experience and their own fit and able horse are welcome. You will need to transport your horse to the staging area. Horses must also be well behaved in a group setting. Owners of unshod horses, please note that footing will include areas of gravel and distances over asphalt pavement. Please bring water on the ride.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity..