This week in OCParks’ Irvine Ranch Open Space, we’ll hike in Limestone Canyon to Dripping Springs. The hike is a 7-mile loop hike which includes some hills and descents. In addition to the springs, we will enjoy panoramic views of the wildlands from East Loma. Please bring water, a trail snack, sun screen, hat, and any other necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, and wear sturdy, closed-toe hiking boots. Participants must be able to hike 7 miles with an elevation gain of 1300 feet at an average moving rate of 3 miles per hour. Each hiker must carry his/her own water and supplies.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.