Join us for a scenic, fast-paced, challenging, distance hike in the beautiful Limestone Canyon Nature Preserve. This hike is for physically fit hikers who enjoy the challenge of multiple steep climbs and descents. This 10–13 mile hike offers sweeping views of Orange County and the Santa Ana Mountains as well as possible wildlife sightings. This hike may include a visit to The Sinks and/or Dripping Springs.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please come prepared with a sturdy day pack, water, snacks, closed-toe hiking shoes or boots, sunscreen, first aid, and all other supplies to keep you safe and healthy on the trail.
Each participant must carry his or her own day pack and water and be comfortable hiking an average moving pace of 3 miles per hour. Please come prepared with a minimum of 100 oz. (3 quarts) of water and trail snacks. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to this program.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.