Thinking the cardio hikes might be too fast for you? If so, join us in beautiful Weir Canyon for this slightly slower introduction to cardio hiking. Along the trail, you’ll pass through coastal sage scrub, grasslands, and oak woodlands where deer and bobcats are frequently observed. Multiple steep climbs and descents, and sweeping views, are included throughout this 6-mile hike. Please make sure you are in excellent physical condition! Even though this is a slower cardio hike, it is faster than a walk. You must be able to hike 3+ miles per hour the entire time without stopping.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land. Please review our Trail Tips and FAQ pages to ensure you arrive prepared for this hike.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.