Join us as we explore Weir Canyon. We will hike up over Rifle Range and continue to the Overlook Trail where we will be rewarded with sweeping views of the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks and more distant views of the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Los Angeles Basin, and Cleveland National Forest. We will return through a beautiful oak woodland. Please wear hiking shoes/boots and bring water, a trail snack, sunscreen, hat, and any other necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail. Each hiker must carry their own water and supplies. A red-tinted flashlight or headlamp is recommended. Participants must be able to hike 9+ miles with an accumulated elevation gain of 1800 feet at an average moving rate of 3 miles per hour.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-4 activity on the land.
Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.