Join us at the Native Seed Farm for a short walking tour of the 8-acre property, where more than 50 native plant species are grown and harvested for seed, followed up by an outdoor yoga session. The seed grown at the farm is used to help restore and enhance the preserved lands within the Irvine Ranch Natural Landmarks. We will meet at the Seed Farm staging area, which has restrooms and a water refill station, drop off our mats and head out for a short walk, about 1 mile, along the flat paths amongst the rows of shrubs and flower beds.
Please bring water, your own yoga mat and large beach towel. Mats will not be provided; we will drop mats at a secure location while hiking. Closed-toe shoes and water are required for the walk. Hats and sunscreen highly recommended.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-2 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.