Join us for a strenuous, extremely challenging, fast-paced, early morning cardio hike in Limestone Canyon, part of OCParks’ Irvine Ranch Open Space. Along the way we’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of Orange County and possible wildlife sightings. This is an 8 mile cardio hike, completed in 2.5+ hours, includes a 1000+ foot elevation change. This hike is for experienced, physically fit hikers who enjoy the challenge of multiple steep climbs and descents. This hike is much faster than a regular walking hike. We average four (4) miles per hour fast-paced and is extremely difficult over steep terrain in the wilderness setting.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-5 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please bring a minimum of 100 oz. water and trail snacks. Come prepared with a pack, sturdy closed-toed hiking shoes or boots, sunscreen, first aid, and all other supplies to keep you safe and healthy on the trail for this extreme fast-paced hike in a wilderness area. Each participant must carry his or her own pack and water. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to this program.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
You must be logged in to register for an activity. Log in here.
Need an account? Click here to register.