Explore beautiful Limestone Canyon on this challenging distance hike to the “water tank” beyond the East Sinks viewing area. This distance hike rewards hikers with panoramic unobstructed views of The Sinks, an ancient and dramatic formation of exposed sandstone cliffs. Limestone Canyon is one of the most pristine wilderness areas in the county. In addition to providing sweeping views, the trail passes through coastal sage scrub, grasslands, and oak woodlands. This hike moves between 3 and 3.5 mph with multiple sustained climbs.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-5 activity on the land.
Please review our Trail Tips and FAQ pages to ensure you arrive prepared for this hike. Participants must have a sturdy pack and bring everything they need to be healthy on the trail, including water, sun-protection, and trail snacks.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity..