Curious to learn about the plants among us, who’s sus and who’s not? Join us for a hike at Red Rocks, part of OC Parks’ Irvine Ranch Open Space, where we’ll look at local flora, talk about native and non-native species, and learn how different plants impact our ecosystems. Learning to identify plants, both native and non-native, is a great way to cultivate a relationship to our local wildlands.
This activity is geared towards participants who are curious about our local plants and ecosystem. Please bring water and all items needed to keep you safe during our walk. Hats and sunscreen are highly recommended as there is no shade along this route.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level 3 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note our Minors Policy for all public activities: All minors (under 18 years of age) must be accompanied by their respective parent or legal guardian. Both parent and their accompanying minor(s) must be registered for the Irvine Ranch Conservancy led activity they wish to attend.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity..