Join us for an early morning distance hike from remote Fremont Canyon to the oak woodlands of Weir Canyon. Shortly after leaving Irvine Regional Park, this hike climbs steeply from the mouth of Fremont Canyon and passes an abandoned coal mine. We continue through Upper Blind Canyon, up to a scenic overlook and then drop down to Weir Canyon as we wind our way back to Irvine Regional Park. Distance is up to 14 miles and is designed for advanced hikers. Participants must be physically fit and have distance hiking experience.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-5 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
You must come prepared with a daypack, 100oz. (3 quarts) of water, trail snacks, closed-toe hiking shoes, sunscreen, first aid, and any other supplies needed to keep you safe on the trail. Each participant must carry his or her own pack and water and be comfortable hiking at an average moving pace of 3 mph. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to this program.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
Registration is closed for this activity.