Join us on a slow-paced hike along the back-country ridges and valleys of Limestone Canyon, part of OC Parks’ Irvine Ranch Open Space. We’ll travel on rough old ranch roads to the East Sinks View Deck passing by woodlands of majestic oak trees and expanses of Coastal Sage Scrub and enjoy wonderful vistas. Total round trip distance is 9 miles with an elevation gain of 900 feet at an average moving rate of 2.0-2.5 miles per hour. Some of the hills are strenuous and we will take breaks as needed. Participants should be in good hiking condition and have previously completed a similar distance hike. Please come prepared with a backpack, plenty of water (at least 1.5 liter), snacks, sturdy closed-toe hiking shoes or boots, sunscreen, first aid kit, and all other supplies to keep you safe and healthy on the trail. Each hiker must carry their own water and supplies. Under-prepared participants may be denied access to the event.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-3 activity on the land. Please visit our FAQ page for answers to activity specific questions you may have prior to registering.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following measures in order to participate:
- Be registered in advance, no walk-up registration is permitted.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water (minimum 1.5 liters), proper attire, and closed-toe footwear, first aid, health needs etc.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- All participants are required to sign a liability waiver upon arrival at the staging area and before beginning the activity. The waiver can be previewed here: IRC Liability Waiver
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Additionally, in an effort to respect and protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not sign up or attend if you are not feeling well, exhibiting any symptoms of illness or have been in recent contact with someone who was ill.
To learn more about the staging areas and activity locations, please visit our Staging Areas Playlist page.
Registration is closed for this activity.