Enjoy self-guided access in the southern portion of Irvine’s Open Space Preserve. Designated trails will be open for self-guided hiking and biking from 8 am to 2 pm. Registration is not required for this event. The Bommer Canyon Cattle Camp will be available for parking, but please take note that your vehicle must be removed from the Cattle Camp area by 2 pm.
Bommer Canyon Wilderness Access Day Participation policies:
- Dogs are not permitted in the Irvine Open Space Preserve.
- Trail users are allowed to enter the Irvine “guided program only” preserve trails up to one hour prior to closing time and no later. Park closes at 2 pm. Entrance to the trails ends at 1 pm.
- Ages 17 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- All mountain bicyclists must wear a helmet at all times while on Irvine Open Space trails.
- You may choose to enter the trail system from other surrounding locations, Quail Hill, Laguna Coast, El Moro, but you must be off of the Irvine “guided program only” trails by 2 pm.
- Gates will be closed and you will be subject to citation if you are found to be on the Irvine “guided program only” trails before 8 am and after 2 pm.
- Failure to remove your vehicle from the Cattle Camp by 2 pm will subject you to citation.
- The availability for self-guided trail access is limited to the date and hours of this event only.
- Parking, updated maps and information will be available at the Cattle Camp in Bommer Canyon during open hours.
Please adhere to the stated description above to ensure the continuation of Access Day events in Irvine. Please call 714-508-4764 with questions and for more information.
Registration is closed for this activity.