You are invited to join City of Irvine Mayor Farrah N. Khan and volunteer naturalists for a hike around the Quail Hill Loop trail to enjoy fresh air and good company. Quail Hill Loop is an easy two-mile loop on a double track trail, with one gradual hill that brings you to a viewpoint overlooking the Irvine valley and the foothills to the north, with the Santa Ana mountains in the background. The trail also features a cell phone audio tour that provides interpretive narration at your own pace. Please bring plenty of water as well as everything you need to keep healthy on the trail (sun protection, medications, snacks) and please wear sturdy closed-toe shoes.
Please note that you will be asked to adhere to the following protective measures during the activity in order to participate:
- Each individual adult must bring with them a signed liability waiver. Minors may be added to the waiver of their respective parent or legal guardian. The form will not be available on site. The waiver can be accessed and downloaded for print at home use here: IRC Liability Waiver 2020.05
- Please be registered in advance.
- Arrive with all necessary equipment to keep you safe on the trail, including water, proper attire, and footwear, first aid, medications, etc.
- Each participant must arrive with their own facial covering on their person. Participants should wear face coverings when participating in the activity, even with heavy exertion as tolerated, both indoors and outdoors (unless the face-covering could become a hazard), and face coverings must be worn when not participating in the activity.
- Maintain proper physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, between yourself and all other members of the group always.
- A contact-less arrival and sign-in process will be utilized to diminish touching and sharing items.
- Restrooms will be available, but facilities will not be sanitized for each individual.
- Group stops will be minimized and generally only done for safety purposes.
- You may be prevented from participating if you do not adhere to the above protocols.
Reviewing the 1-through-5 Difficulty Ratings will help you evaluate your readiness to participate in this level-2 activity on the land.
Registration is closed for this activity.